Have a query regarding health insurance or mediclaim policy? Maybe we can help.
Drop us a line and our expert, Harsh Roongta, CEO of Apnapaisa.com, will answer it.
Please write to us at email@example.com with the subject line as: Health insurance query.
Healthcare costs for hospitalisation in India have risen sharply in recent years keeping with global trends. Many a families have seen their finances going for a complete toss due to unexpected costs on hospitalisation of a family member. Despite increasing consciousness about medical insurance just about 12 per cent of Indian population is covered with some sort of health insurance.
Today health cover -- popularly called as mediclaim policies -- can be taken from all general insurers, standalone health insurers and life insurance companies. The options are too many but you need to consider few factors before taking a health cover. The needs and solutions to them vary from person to person depending on factors such as your marital status and/or you having dependent children, spouse and/or ageing parents.
We are sure you will have several health insurance questions to ask Harsh. Some of them could be:
- Which insurance company to choose?
- Is it advisable to take health insurance from standalone health insurers or general insurers or life insurance companies?
- How much amount is enough to cover my entire family?
- How can I get my parents, who are senior citizens, covered? What if I have children in the family?
- What is covered in a basic health insurance policy?
- What are the major exclusions?
- What are family floater policies? How can they help me?
- What will determine my health insurance premium?
- What factors should I be aware of before selecting mediclaim?
- What can I do if my health insurance claim is denied?
And many more. Whatever your question related to mediclaim policies/health insurance, whether you are a first-timer or veteran, we have an expert in Harsh Roongta who will answer your health insurance questions every week.