Video: A festive recipe for Roast Turkey
What is Christmas without some turkey? Jr Sous Chef Dhaval Ajmera of ITC Grand Central in Mumbai shows you how to make whip up a delicious roast turkey.
- 1 turkey breast
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Few drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chilli oil
- 1 tsp crushed pepper
- tsp honey
- Few drops soya sauce
For the garnish:
- Fine coriander sprigs
- Parsley sprigs
- Bell peppers
- Diced vegetables and chestnuts
Method of preparation:
- Mix chopped garlic, Hoisin sauce, Worcestershire sauce, crushed pepper, honey in a bowl and marinate the turkey breast.
- Note that the breast has been pierced in a few places for better marination. Leave it for 24 hours at best or at least for 12 hours.
Heat olive oil in a pan and toss the marinated turkey breast.
- Cook on slow flame so it gets cooked from inside. Remove on kitchen paper and let the oil drip out.
- In a plate place some broccoli and chestnuts -- these are the best accompaniments for turkey -- place the turkey breasts on the plate and add bell pepper, parsley, vegetables and chestnuts
- You can also pour just a little bit of chilli oil on the edge of the plate to make it more interesting
You could also shop for roasted turkey at the ITC Grand Central Gourmet Shop, where they sell roast turkey. Call (022) 2410 1111 for more details.
Video: Satish Bodas