Mother's Day: My mom's recipe for Fish Curry
Mother's Day is just around the corner and so we invited Get Ahead readers to share their mom's best recipes with us -- those yummy dishes that only she'd whip up. Here we present another recipe we received.
"I am sure everybody likes their mom's cooking and so do I. Somehow though, every time I try to make one of my mom's recipes, the taste is totally different," shares Jayshree Poojary, adding, "Love you Mom, HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY!"
Here she shares her mom Kushala Kotian's recipe for Fish Curry.
- Fish (halwa, surmai or any other fish)
- 1 coconut, grated
- 4-5 Kashmiri chillies
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 onions
- 5-6 pods of garlic
- 1 inch piece of ginger, chopped
- 3-4 green chillies, chopped
- Tamarind/kokam (soaked in water)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Wash the fish and keep aside.
- Mix the grated coconut, red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, one chopped onion, garlic, turmeric powder and grind finely.
- Take a pan, add a chopped onion, chopped green chillies, chopped ginger and mix with the masala and tamarind water, salt and heat on a low flame for a few minutes.
- Add the fish after a few minutes and boil till cooked.