'Messting' is the new term coined for ruining your life by sending text messages.
Golfer Tiger Woods is the latest entrant to the club of 'messting'.
His extra-marital affairs with a number of women were exposed through the messages he had sent to his mistresses.
So, to avoid falling from grace, a list of five things to think about before hitting 'send' has been advised, reports CBS News.
1. Love is temporary, text messages last forever.
2. How will I feel if this message is printed on the cover of a newspaper?
3. What will happen if this message gets forwarded to 100 people?
4. There is no such thing as a confidential communication (everybody tells at least one person).
5. Will the naked photo of myself I'm about to send hurt my ability to get a job?
Tell us about your SMS gaffes! Have you ever sent a message intended for a colleague to your boss? Or sent a private message only to find 10 other people know about it? Tell us about your 'messting' mistakes right here, on the messageboard below!