Expert Dr Louann Brizendine has dived inside a man's mind and confirmed what most women long suspected: men are obsessed with sex, hide their emotions, and cheat. According to Brizendine, testosterone causes the 'man trance', where blokes have to stare at boobs, reports The Daily Star. She says: "The best advice I have for women is make peace with the male brain. Let men be men."
Some of the other findings in the expert's new book Male Brain: A Breakthrough Understanding Of How Men And Boys Think are:
1. Men really are sex-crazed: The brain's part inked to sexual pursuit is two-and-a-half times larger in males than females.
2. They're programmed to perv: The testosterone drives what Louann calls the 'man trance' -- a glazed-eye stare at breasts. She says: "I wish I could say that men can stop themselves from entering this trance. But the truth is, they can't."
3. Men want more partners: According to the book, men want an average of 14 sexual partners in their lifetime. Women want one or two. Louann says: "It's postcoital narcolepsy. During orgasm, males release a huge amount of oxytocin in their brains, and it is very sedating. It's not that he doesn't love you."
4. Men lie more about sex: Biologically speaking, men are more comfortable lying to the opposite sex.
5. Foreplay round the clock: In case of women, foreplay is everything that happens in the 24 hours before intercourse. For men it's what happens three minutes before entry Louann says: "The male brain's initial emotional reaction can be stronger than the female. But within 2.5 seconds his face changes to hide the emotion, or even reverse it." The expert doesn't reckon her book justifies bad behaviour. She says: "This is not giving men an excuse to rape and pillage. But men do have a right to give voice to their biological predisposition and have it come in to the dialogue."
Illustration: Uttam Ghosh