NewsApp (Free)

Read news as it happens
Download NewsApp

Available on  

Rediff News  All News  » Getahead » Sexual queries: 'Is this method of arousal normal?'

Sexual queries: 'Is this method of arousal normal?'

August 26, 2009 12:29 IST

Andrologist and microsurgeon Dr Sudhakar Krishnamurti will be responding to rediff readers' sexual queries on a regular basis.

We invited Get Ahead readers to mail in their questions. Here is the next set of responses:

Dear Dr. Sudhakar Krishnamurti,

I was married at 33 years and underwent a circumcision. My wife conceived but had a miscarriage after 4 months. The problem here is that I cannot sustain an erection for more then 5 minutes, as the moment the penis is inside the vagina I cannot control and ejaculate soon. I need some stamina to sexually satisfy my wife, as she likes the penis inside her for some time. Even the moment she holds my penis and moves it in an up-down movement, I feel I will ejaculate. Kindly advise, as I feel tempted to follow the advertisements prescribed for longer erections.


Dear Martin,

Control of erection and ejaculation can be acquired and also facilitated with medicines. But beware of non-proprietary medicines. I have seen some dangerous side effects with these. Your problems are definitely not due to the circumcision operation you have undergone.

Hello Doctor,

I am a 30-year-old male. I am facing a problem since very long. Sometimes after masturbation I experience a pain in my penis. This pain subsides a little when I urinate and fully, I mean when every drop of urine is out. I have to wait for long in the bathroom to do so. Because once I urinate the pain doesn't subside immediately, for that I have to wait in the same position. This does not happen every time I masturbate. Please advice me, I am very horrified. Thank you.

Sajjan Sing, Delhi

You could be suffering from prostatitis and/or urethritis. You need to see an uroandrologist.

Hello Doctor,

Please clarify on the below queries. My penis is sometimes small and sometimes it's normal. Also, when I touch any woman in the bus, automatically some gummy substance forms on top of my penis and it's not full semen that comes out. It's also not a drop of semen, just some gummy or jelly-like liquid. Is it harmful or does it mean I have some problem? Please don't put my name and expectng your earliest reply. Thanks in advance,

With Regards ,
N Prabhu*

It is normal for a thin, sticky fluid to emerge from the tip of the penis during sexual arousal. This is not semen, but the secretions of the glands lining the urethra, and the bulbo-urethral glands. These fluids are designed by nature to moisten and render slippery the labia (lips) of the vagina and to allow smooth and painless entry of the penis. You needn't worry about them. They are biological.

*Name changed to protect privacy.

Do you have a question for Dr Krishnamurti? Simply e-mail him at; responses will be published each week and names will be withheld upon request.

Dr Sudhakar Krishnamurti is an international award-winning andrologist and microsurgeon. He is the only Indian on the world's first-ever batch of sexual medicine fellows (Oxford, 2007). Best known for the Krishnamurti Operation for Peyronie's Disease, he is also the founder of Andromeda, India's first andrology center, and author of the book Sexx is Not a Four-Letter Word. Click here to purchase the book from rediff Shopping.

Disclaimer: Please note that Dr Krishnamurti will be answering the most relevant queries at his discretion each week. His advice may not necessarily reflect the opinions of and while it is in the capacity of professional medical counselling, it in no way should be considered an alternative to visiting a medical specialist for sex-related ailments.